We were invited by one of Dubai’s eclectic boutiques called S*uce to participate in a cool thought-provoking initiative to push for more benches in Dubai. We took the opportunity to involve the crowd to be a part of this with us, with a twist. Here’s our take on a black bench that will mark our interpretation of this challenge. We call it the xbench.
The S*uce Benches Project: While other cities around the world celebrate the stories told, the lives lived and the moments shared on benches, we hope to eventually increase the number of benches in our city so that someday we too can tell the stories that have unfolded upon them. Sometimes you don’t need a restaurant or coffee shop, you just need a bench. (Courtesy of The Sauce Projects Blog)
Photograph updated on March 14, 2011 courtesy of S*uce Projects Blog.
If you’re on Twitter:
- Follow the hashtag #xbench to keep track of buzz and announcements.
- Complete the sentence “If I were a bench…” in a funny, un-obscene way and tweet it with the hashtag #xbench to contribute. Anything goes in 140 characters.
- Dozens of the coolest tweets will be immortalized with your name on to the many panels of the bench along with your name or Twitter handle.
If you’re on Facebook:
- Just get to our Facebook page here.
- On the Wall, leave a message completing the sentence “If I were a bench…” in a funny, un-obscene way. Anything goes, just keep them short.
- Tons of the coolest messages will be immortalized with your name on to the many panels of the bench along with your name.
- In the coming weeks, the bench will be unveiled at a public location.
- Stay tuned for what’s in store next when the bench goes public.
- Check out the official The Sauce Projects Blog for the already on-going conversation.
Big up to S*uce so don’t forget to follow them on Twitter and check out the massive bench stories on The Sauce Projects Blog